Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sarah Palin challenges audience member to stump the candidate

Sarah Palin delighted fans with her wit when she was asked by an audience member to list "specific skills" that would prove she had foreign policy experience.

Instead of providing a direct answer, which would have been boring and predictable, she turned the tables on the audience member and challenged her to try to "stump the candidate" on foreign policy questions.

But the microphone was quickly passed to another audience member who was unable to come up with a specific question.



TRANSCRIPT:
QUESTIONER: Governor Palin, there has been quite a bit of discussion about your perceived lack of foreign policy experience. And I want to give you your chance, if you could please respond to that criticism, and give us specific skills that you think you have to bring to the White House to rebut that or mitigate that concern.

PALIN: Well, I think because Im a Washington outsider that opponents are going to be looking for a whole lot of things that they can criticize and that they can try to beat the candidate here, who chose me as his partner, to try to tear down the ticket. But as for foreign policy, you know, I think I am prepared and I know that on January 20th, if we are so blessed to be sworn into office as your president and vice president, certainly well be ready, Ill be ready. I have that confidence, I have that readiness, and if you want specifics with specific policies or countries, go ahead, and you can ask me and you can play stump the candidate if you want to. But we are ready to serve.

No comments: